- The first reading on someone else's reincarnation was in 1923 in a reading given to a printer from Ohio.
- From the standpoint of the Cayce material, souls only occupy human bodies through their spiritual growth and developmental process.
- For him it wasn’t nearly as important to who individuals used to be, or what they did, to him it was paramount that they focus on the present and the opportunities and challenges that faced them in this time, in this place, right now.
- Cayce readings recommend such things as personal inventories of your talents, abilities, likes, and dislikes; working with meditation and dreams; taking part in imaginative past-life reveries or self-hypnosis, and so forth.
- An individual’s choices, actions, and free will in the present would determine the actual experience lived this time around. In other words, Karma.
- Cayce and his family had a hard time at first with the readings on reincarnation since they had been brought up Christian and it wasn't part of his religion. The Cayce's began to accept the ideas, though not as "reincarnation." Edgar Cayce preferred to call it, "The Continuity of Life."
One of Cayce's Reincarnation Readings:
“In the studies, then, know where ye are going ... to find that ye only lived, died and were buried under the cherry tree in Grandmother’s garden does not make thee one whit better neighbor, citizen, mother or father! But to know that ye spoke unkindly and suffered for it and in the present may correct it by being righteous – that is worthwhile!” 5753-2